Welcome

Considering how prevalent mental illness is, why do so few bloggers talk about it?

The aim of this blog is to write about my experience with mental illness, developments in my life as well as issues in the field of mental health all the while keeping a feminist framework.

I hope you can take something from this blog, whatever that may be.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My head is fuzzy..it will get better!

I have to preface by saying that I only woke up 45 minutes ago so I still feel ultra groggy as if my mind has yet to wake. (Plus I have yet to choke down all the pills I have in front of me that always help to wake me up but are damn hard to swallow when you are half asleep!)

I am glad to have the support of my sponsor Lou (hey Lou!), and all the blogathon peeps. But I would like to make a giant, yet silent and secret shout out to my partner who has been ridiculously supportive! As you may know, my friends, family and partner do not know that I have a blog and most certainly do not know what I blog about. When I decided to partake in Blogathon 2009 I thought, "I live with one of the people I keep this blog secret from... how am I gonna do this? Its not like you can hide bloging every 30 min for 24 hours from someone you share the same apartment from!"
I decided to tell him I was doing "something online" for 24 hours "on the 25th to raise money" but I felt it was "personal" so I didn't "want to really go in to it".... he looked at me and was like "okay"
I am very very lucky to have an unquestioning and always supportive partner... whats better, when I joked that he could stay up with me to play video games (a favorite activity of his) he was like... 'yeah, I think I could manage that' *sarcasm*
So, not only do I have a great "personal 24 hour online thing" supporter but a buddy to stay up all night with!
I'm sure ill be giving you updates about what he is up to too!

No comments:

Post a Comment