Welcome

Considering how prevalent mental illness is, why do so few bloggers talk about it?

The aim of this blog is to write about my experience with mental illness, developments in my life as well as issues in the field of mental health all the while keeping a feminist framework.

I hope you can take something from this blog, whatever that may be.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The best theme song ever

Please go and watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgzZ2Ta0EpA

I promise you will not regret it.



This was definiately my favorite show as a kid. Now when I look back at it I am slightly horrified for it does give very poor messages to young girls, i mean they are walking and talking barbie dolls....

BUT, if you look at Jerrica/Jem and her friends they are successful, independant women who care about others and want to make a difference in the lives of other women and girls. That seems pretty fantastic to me. Jerrica and her alter ego Jem work together to become independant successful rock stars while maintaining good relationships with friends and her orphan children who they take under their wings. There are the men in the stories, but they seem almost more dependant and needy than the women.

I think Jem is a great character... and i dressed up as her two halloweens ago, a pink wig is ALWAYS a good time.

Now lets all rock out to that theme again!
posted 9:31

No comments:

Post a Comment