Welcome

Considering how prevalent mental illness is, why do so few bloggers talk about it?

The aim of this blog is to write about my experience with mental illness, developments in my life as well as issues in the field of mental health all the while keeping a feminist framework.

I hope you can take something from this blog, whatever that may be.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Movies that make me question my sanity #2

#2 Fight Club: spoiler alert
Just as in Beautiful Mind the audience is submerged into a world where all is not as it seems. Unlike Beautiful Mind where the audience is an outsider looking in to the world and experiences of a mental disorder, Fight Club includes you for the ride.
Here you are the mentally ill character, and you, like the character dont even know it! Like I mentioned in my last post, i think it is true that a first episode or series of symptoms of a disorder one has never had experience with will probably go unnoticed. It will seem perfectly normal. With this movie you get such an experience (though it is a movie and you can step away from it to a certain extent as you do not have to continue living as that character afterwards).
I have already done the... "oh wow, now that I think of it, all those feelings and behaviour were due to this illness, and I didnt even know!"... so I dont need to do it again, thank you!

posted 1:31

No comments:

Post a Comment