Welcome

Considering how prevalent mental illness is, why do so few bloggers talk about it?

The aim of this blog is to write about my experience with mental illness, developments in my life as well as issues in the field of mental health all the while keeping a feminist framework.

I hope you can take something from this blog, whatever that may be.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Funny" Blogathon Moments (not all of them were that funny... I was just tired)

07:00 "Did you leave the Kettle on?"
-Right after I wrote the entry about the bus ad "Did you leave the iron on?" I proceeded to put a kettle of water on stove and proceeded to walk away from it and take a shower! What the hell? It was a quick 5 minute shower but not the smartest choice I made... Guess I deserved the karma burns.. ha
07:20 "How many more times can I burn myself on this Kettle!!! Damn Kettle!"
-I picked up the boiling kettle from the stove and was pouring the water when the lid came off and touched my finger... ouch! I put it down and picked it up again this time with a cloth... the lid tipped off yet again but I said "ah ha! I have bested you kettle!!" But then the steam which rose from the open top scalded my wrist! Damn you Kettle!(no serious injuries were had.. just a funny way to make coffee)
14:14 "bread in my eye!"
Because my desk and computer are right next to the kitchen I was watching as my partner was making a snack. he took something out of the microwave (which is within reach which is nice for re-heating my coffee) and when he took off the plastic wrap, a bread crumb caught the wind from my fan and proceeded to fly straight into my eye! what a fluke
21:45 "Baaaaaa"
So I am lying belly down on my kitchen counter trying to sound like a sheep while I look at my boyfriend through the fan that has been (trying) to keep me cool... I am channeling my inner little kid as I make my voice go all jagged by speaking into the turning wheel... Im looking at him as if I am so clever and funny until he says, "It only works if I am on that side of the fan, from this side your voice doesnt sound any different... oh didnt realise the physics of these things!
22:45 "gettin those creative juices flowing"
Feeling stumped and in need of some inspiration "I turn to haiku" (get it? like "I turn to you")Okay I must be tired now if I think this is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment